As your birth doula I will provide you with:
- An initial phone consultation
- One free in person meeting at a location of your choosing for me to outline my services and get a chance to know one another.
- 2 prenatal appointments to discuss your birth preferences, comfort measures, interventions, emotional preparation, postpartum preparation and/or anything you would like to discuss.
- I am available for phone (call or text) and email support at any time. I may not always be immediately available, but will always get back to you within 24 hours.
- From 38-42 weeks I will be on call for your birth. I will provide continuous labor support from the time we decide to meet until the birth.
- I usually remain with you for 1-2 hours after birth, until you are comfortable and the family is ready for quiet time together. I can also help with initial breastfeeding, if desired.
- 1 postpartum visit where I can provide breastfeeding support, baby care tips, postpartum mama care tips, referrals to community resources, and discuss the birth experience, if desired
I am a Doula trained by DONA international. I am also a trained massage therapist. As a recently trained Doula working towards my certification I am currently charging on a sliding scale basis from $0-$400 and would also consider a barter arrangement. I have a passion for helping moms in all situations, so if you feel doula support is something that you desire, please contact me to see if we can find an arrangement that suits us both
Contact me at michiganbirthandbeyond at gmail dot com to learn more or to schedule a consultation.